Lawyers Protecting You From Deportation
If you or a family member has been threatened with removal by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), it is imperative that you reach an experienced New York City deportation defense attorney as soon as possible. The attorneys at C.T. Lee & Associates will advocate aggressively on your behalf.
What Leads To Deportation
As the statistics above reveal, government officials do not take the deportation and removal process lightly. It is important to work with a lawyer who will be equally assertive in defending your right to remain in the U.S. Removal proceedings result from a variety of offenses, including:
- Entering the U.S. illegally
- Violating terms of nonimmigrant status or a condition of entry into the U.S.
- Conviction for a criminal offense
- Confirmed membership in a prohibited organization
- Failure to register or falsifying documents related to entry into the U.S.
- Participation in any activity that endangers public safety or creates a risk of national security
- Qualifying for Special Immigrant Juvenile Status because you are an unaccompanied minor who has been abused, neglected or abandoned by one or more of your parents
The last bullet point, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) was a little-known provision of U.S. immigration law until extensive media coverage in 2014 of the tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors who flooded across the U.S.-Mexican border. SIJS provides federal legal status to children in the U.S. if a state court determines they have been abandoned, neglected or abused by their parents, or suffered a similar offense. The child must not be married, and it must be determined that returning the child to his or her own country is not in the child’s best interest.
Immediate And Personal Attention From Experienced Immigration Lawyers
Removal proceedings are time sensitive. We give these cases the priority attention they deserve and will advocate on your behalf before an immigration judge. The important first step is contacting us by calling 800-494-3809 to schedule an appointment. Our team of knowledgeableimmigration lawyers will review the facts of your case and develop a legal strategy to gain relief from the removal order.